January 31, 2007

It's such a perfect day,
I'm glad I spent it with you



Eileen Quinlan, Smoke and Mirrors #63, 2006

A Mustache Drawn On Americana XIII
-- by Carl Rakosi

I'll bet you dollars to doughnuts
the Vincents hit us tonight.
The village chief just took off,
claiming he had business in Danang.

I'd like to take off myself,
all the way to Flint, Michigan.
For openers I'd show up at the airport
with a big sign, GET THE MARINES OUT OF VIETNAM.
Under that in smaller letters:
starting with me.


Atmosphere Anthrax
-- by Carl Rakosi

I would rather sing folk songs against injustice
and sound like ash cans in the morning
or bark like a wolf
from the open doorway of a red-hot freight
than sit like Chopin on my exquisite ass.

A Reminder of William Carlos Williams
-- by Carl Rakosi

How quickly the dandelions
come up
after a rain.

I picked them
all
only yesterday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home