September 6, 2007

she does just like Sister Ray said


Christine Kesler, The Peace Process, 2005. mixed media on photo paper

* Stan Goff: The End Begins. excerpt:

"Many who opposed the war in Iraq, and the many more who just disliked the Bush administration, certainly had different expectations of what forms the end of that war might take. And this is certainly the beginning of some kind of end. That is not a call to complacency. Fight against this warlike lives depend on it. They still do. I just feel compelled to counter-spin it.

"With El Presidente on this 'surprise' trip, as it happened, were the Secretary of State and the Secretary of Defense. Meeting them on this remote base between Baghdad and the Syrian border was none other than Bagwan Petraeus, the current Vivekananda of counter-insurgency doctrine and the latest in a long line of Generals who will be dragged into historical ignominy by this Commander-in-Chief.
...
"How this war will end has never been a decision that can or would be made by the leadership of either American political party, any more than the defeat in Vietnam was the result of politicians and protesters. The occupied people made the decision. It was not revoked in Vietnam. It will not be revoked in Iraq.

"The puzzle that will preoccupy both parties now, since neither knows who will inherit this dilemma, is how to salvage what is left of waning American imperial power. You won't be able to slide shim-stock between Rudy or Hillary on this question... and neither of them will have the power to stand before the historical macrotrend of US power dissolution.

"The first that acknowledges and learns to deal with the fact of Iranian ascendancy will be the one that will suffer least... but that's about it. In less than a decade, we will see Russia, China, and Iran at the head of a re-set Central Asian chessboard, and they will contend with a descendant American empire.

"The end of all empires is inevitable. The Great City always exhausts the rural soils and eats the seed-corn, and its debilitated, dependent rulers will always be usurped by "the barbarians" who were formerly bent before the Great City's plunder. As Dr. King -- once himself called one a barbarian -- said, "the arc of history is long, but it bends toward justice."

"History will record that a decisive misstep in the crash of the American Empire was taken on March 19, 2003. September 3, 2007 will be a historical place-holder for a kind of death-gasp of empire ... former guerrillas sitting the Prez down as an equal across the table at Al Asad.

"We haven't reckoned the body count yet, because it is still rising. That's the sinful part.

"It's over. Admit it. Get over it. Get out."


* Humorous discussion of videos by John Cafferty and the Beaver Brown band, Nirvana and mmore. excerpt:

"Zack: I always thought that Nirvana was vastly overrated, and this song pretty much typifies my complaint. Nonsensical lyrics, lurid colors, disturbing images, and having your bangs hang across your eyes doesn’t make you into a great songwriter. Neither does dying young. To me it seemed like Nirvana gained a whole lot new fans with Kurt’s passing. I wonder if the same thing will happen with Pete Doherty.

"Gary: Okay, can anybody explain the meaning of this song to me?

She eyes me like a Pisces when i am weak
I’ve been locked inside your Heart-Shaped box for weeks
I was drawn into your magnet tar pit trap
I wish i could eat your cancer when you turn black

Meat-eating orchids forgivee no one just yet
Cut myself on angel’s hair and bab’s breath
Broken hymen of you highness I’m left black
Throw down your umbilical noose so I can climb right back


"What exactly does cancer taste like, and what wine would you pair it with?

"Zack: An imported Shiraz, of course. Anything from an early bloom year. Duh.

"Dunphy: The original title, 'Oh, Why Don’t Courtney Like Summer’s Eve,' just seemed too on the mark, I suppose.

Kurt: Dude, it’s a love song to Courtney!

She eyes me like a Pisces when i am weak

She is an angry sea bass when I shoot up because I won’t share.

I’ve been locked inside your Heart-Shaped box for weeks

I’m too drugged out to remember how to open a door

I was drawn into your magnet tar pit trap

I was attracted to your unwashed genitalia

I wish i could eat your cancer when you turn black

And obviously I would like to eat said genitalia when it gets stinky

Meat-eating orchids forgive no one just yet

Be patient, I can’t get it up because of the heroin

Cut myself on angel’s hair and bab’s breath

Uh, um…?

Broken hymen of you highness I’m left black

It’s so dirty it’s like your hymen is still intact

Throw down your umbilical noose so i can climb right back

Something from your vagina just attacked me!

Robert: Uh, Taylor…where are you? We need you back.

David: That’s awesome.

I always thought the unofficial title of 'Heart Shaped Box' was 'My Wife and Daughter Are Slowly Killing Me.'

* Pot smokers of the month. past winners include: Hunter Thompson, Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Merle Haggard, and Margaret Mead, who testified before Congress in favor of the legalization of marijuana on October 27, 1969.

* "But you have to understand, my beard is so nasty. I mean, it's the only beard in the history of Western civilization that makes Bob Dylan's beard look good." -- Bill Walton

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home