May 23, 2011

I'll get up and fly away


david berman, david berman's cassettes, 2011

* Mark E. Smith interview. excerpt:

Which living person do you most admire, and why?
All nurses and television programmers at 4am who "update". But mainly myself, as Napoleon.

What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
Having to clean my teeth and look after my health.

What is the trait you most deplore in others?
A lot of people seem obliged to have a viewpoint.
...
Aside from a property, what's the most expensive thing you've bought?
Human souls are not cheap.
...
What is your most treasured possession?
A tree in my front garden.
...
What would your super power be?
No food necessary. True bats know false powers drag you down.

What do you most dislike about your appearance?
I could use a new brain and other organs.

If you could bring something extinct back to life, what would you choose?
A decent bitter/lager.

Who would play you in the film of your life?
Orson Welles or Brian Cox.

What is your most unappealing habit?
Random spitting, stealing lighters – both are unconscious.

* “Stupidity is the deliberate cultivation of ignorance." -- William Gaddis

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My First Bells!

et al.

I knew that David Berman had class...

Sherwood Anderson

4:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And, a nice Wharf Rat ref...

Yours, Sherwood Anderson

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home