March 14, 2012

Is there justice?
Is there something which resembles pleasure?



Jenny Holzer, Selection From the Survival Series, 1991

Calvin Trillin Was Here
(but he left to do a restaurant review)

-- by Klipschutz

Dick Cheney has no pulse.
True or false?

They tell me I’m obsessed:
“Give that name a rest,

he’s old, he’s out of power,
the man of another hour.”

“Whose life’s one long black op,
too illegit to stop!”

The doctor told me plain:
“You’ve got Dick on the brain.

Chew on another bone.
And don’t call me at home.”

For me a rest won’t do,
I need a spree – or two.

Oh not that kind of spree.
I wouldn’t kill a flea

Unless it bit my cat.
No flea will live through that.

They say I’m barking mad
(as if a throat on fire is a mouthwash ad)

and that my light verse is too blunt,
protracted, mean and weak,

and that I’m running out of rhymes.
Another deadline poem next week.

-Ides of March, 2012

2 Comments:

Anonymous klipschutz said...

What is this doggerel dreck of a poem? Hey wait a minute, it’s got my name on it. Is it secretly better than it is? This reader just can’t tell. Meanwhile, the whole world has converged in Austin, Texas and I’m stuck in San Francisco with the T-Mobile blues again.

9:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

re: Meanwhile, the whole world has converged in Austin, Texas and I’m stuck in San Francisco with the T-Mobile blues again.

Ah, to be the tourist again. When living in Austin, I hated SXSW. Couldn't go to our regular bars etc. They were too crowded and forget about seeing shows. It was always nice when SXSW left town.

-- Allan Smithee

12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home