September 26, 2013

the world's always amazed
at how much cash you made
but not at how you made it
it's just strange



Charline von Heyl, Night Doctor, 2013

* Klipschutz is touring the Northwest, reading supporting his new collection This Drawn & Quartered Moon. Here are this weekend's stops:

SEPTEMBER 27
Planet Earth Reading Series: @ 7:30 p.m.
The Moka House, 1633 Hillside Ave., Victoria, B.C.
klipschutz & Dawn Kresan – open mic before features

SEPTEMBER 29
WORD Vancouver Festival: 2:45-3:00 p.m.
outside Main Library

SEPTEMBER 30
Hogan's Alley Readings @ 6:00 p.m.
klipschutz & Dennis E. Bolen
Host: Timothy McShay
Hogan's Alley Cafe, 789 Gore Avenue, Vancouver

OCTOBER 2
Last Words Books, 7:00 p.m.
klipschutz reads
211 4th Avenue East, Olympia, Washington 98501

-- more to follow.


The Jobholder
-- David Ignatow

I stand in the rain waiting for my bus
and in the bus I wait for my stop.
I get let off and go to work
where I wait for the day to end
and then go home, waiting for the bus,
of course, and my stop.

And at home I read and wait
for my hour to go to bed
and I wait for the day I can retire
and wait for my turn to die.


At the Lions Head
-- David Markson

Vodka-weary
I scowl at the bar
And confront a midnight revelation:
In ten years
I have contributed thirty thousand, cash,
to the fiscal well-being
of this saloon.

If I still wake, mornings, to
Reality,
Is there a refund?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home